How To Aid In The Prevention Of Milk Vomiting In Babies?
What you can do to aid in the prevention of vomiting after formula feeding?
Minor adjustments can usually help your baby stop vomiting. The remedies for stopping your baby’s vomiting after formula vary depending on what’s causing it. What works for your baby can be one of the following:
- feed your baby formula more regularly, but in lesser amounts and slowly feed your baby.
- after you’ve fed your baby, burp him.
- feeding your baby, keep the baby’s head and chest up.
- after a meal, keep your baby upright.
- avoid moving or playing too much after a feeding.
- a smaller bottle with a smaller-hole nipple can be used for feeding.
- baby should be dressed in looser clothing, with a loose diaper.
- make sure your baby’s formula is free of harmful additives.
- discuss the possibility of an allergic response with your baby’s doctor.
**If your baby is vomiting frequently or has green bile in their vomit, see your doctor right away.**